|My strategy for getting through the pandemic: |
Research, create, share, repeat... & relax! 😁
Below are links to some items Worth Sharing that might have escaped your attention as you endured the last couple of years. Here you’ll find:
Practical tools and info you can immediately use.
Mental health tools and encouragement (including a few audio podcasts) that can help you acquire perspective and get through these tough times.
Some moral and ethical challenges.
Some links to the creations that I’d like to share as my legacy. (Almost all of these are absolutely free.)
I hope you find something valuable here.
Practical Tools and Info
These aren't profound. They're just a collection of tips and tools you might find useful.
- Get award-winning movies & TV shows, audio books, graphic novels, & ebooks FREE (no ads!) from your local library.
- 6 Podcasts to Help You Become an Amateur Tech Geek
- How to Customize Your Google News Feed [video included]
- Is your video streaming tap leaking money? Here's a 4-step strategy for taking control.
- Internet Archive: To Capture & Store & Share All Human Knowledge (Seriously!!)
Mental Health Tools & Encouragement
Preserving our sanity through the pandemic has meant we’ve had to become introspective, face our inner crazies, and meet nervousness and fears head on. Below you’ll find some processes, tools, encouragement and perspectives that have helped me.
- A Little Happiness from the Archives!
- From the archives: How to stay positive, stay engaged & expand your comfort zone.
- Bored passively consuming content? Feeling anxious? Maybe it's time to create something!
- Two to Inspire: Find Your Mission & Start Creating!
- Those Spring Flowers: Pointless Bursts of Color or Anchors to the Here & Now?
Some Podcasts: Audio Pep Talks & Words of Encouragement from the Archives
- 10 Specific Actions That Can Help You Become Happier (an audio podcast)
- Learn to Be Optimistic, Learn to Succeed. (an audio podcast)
Some Moral & Ethical Challenges
Some of the thorniest issues we faced in the last couple of years have forced some of us to step back and think about who we are -- and who we want to be. I tackled a few of these issues here:
- Authority, Responsibility, Freedom & Ordered Liberty: How a Basic Management Practice Clarifies Our Civic Duties
- From Political Hobbyist to Political Activist: Why and How to Make the Shift
Sharing My Legacy
Nothing has made me more aware of my own mortality than living through a period when (so far) over 800,000 of my fellow citizens have died. My “raised fist to the universe” in protest of my own physical mortality has been to try to assemble various collections of my works for posterity. If humanity survives, they’ll be around after I’m gone. Here they are:
- A Gift for You: Rock-Bottom Prices on Three Books (Project Management Minimalist, PM Minimalist Mentor & WORTH SHARING) [FYI: Would you like to get these books for free as PDFs? Just go to this Internet Archive page: "Michael (Mike) Greer's Publications In Internet Archives," then find what you want and download it. You're welcome!!]
- My Website Migration: And Then There Were Three
- The Best of 2018: Seven Posts Worth a Second Look