The Medito Foundation
Inventory of Medito App Resources
- 5 short audio summaries introduce the novice to meditation and mindfulness.
- 10 brief audios help you learn to sit comfortably.
- 10 short audios (Mindfulness, Vipassana, Science of meditation, etc.) comprise the Beginner course.
- 10 short audios (Consciousness, Anxiety, Stress, Open awareness, etc.) comprise the Intermediate course.
- The "Pandemic" pack includes 8 brief sessions to help you cope with Coronavirus.
- The "Emergency" pack has 5 short sessions to help you deal with anger, fear, panic, etc.
- The "Stress & Anxiety" pack has 10 brief sessions to help you manage stress and anxiety by remaining in the present moment.
- The "Empowerment" pack can help activists confront racism and avoid burnout.
- The "Work Life" pack has 10 topics to help you lead a happier, healthier work life (examples: Managing conflict, Productivity, Confidence, Creativity, Work-life balance, etc.).
- The "Gratitude" and "Loving Kindness" packs provide 10 guided meditations to cultivate gratitude & compassion.
- The "Sleep" collection provides 5 meditations to help you get to sleep, as well as 5 soothing ambient nature sounds and 14 relaxing tones and soundscapes.
- The "Body Scan" collection has 8 meditations to help you relax, release tension and develop mindful awareness of mental and physical feelings.
- "Daily Meditation" includes 4 voice-guided meditation session timers with 4 optional background sounds.
- "Meditation Timer" includes simple timers, including a starting bell and an ending bell for sessions ranging in length from 3 minutes to one hour. 8 optional ambient soundscapes may mixed into each of these sessions.
- The "Sounds" collection includes 22 different ambient soundscapes ranging in length from 5 to 60 minutes.
- The "Mantra" pack provides 5 audios to help you develop your own word or phrase or sound to use as the focul point of your meditation
- The "Walking Meditation" pack includes a 12 minute "Walking Inside" and a 15 minute "Walking Outside" guided meditation.
- In the "Collections" there are compilations of unique exercises and background info from experts, philosophers and collaborators (including 4 guided sessions in Spanish)
- The "Teachers" pack (10 guided meditations) is designed to help educators introduce mindfulness into their classrooms and engage students in mindfulness practices.
So Go Get It!
- For your Android devices: Medito: Free Meditation, Sleep & Mindfulness
- For your Apple devices: Medito: Meditation & Wellness
- Learn more at the Medito Foundation website.
Buddha image above from Etsy --- Gerber Truss Multi-Tool image from REI Coop --- Opening screenshot image from Medito: Free Meditation, Sleep & Mindfulness app at Google Play Store
- Got Thinkus Interruptus? Here are 5 specific actions to clean up your cluttered consciousness.
- Meditation Fact Sheet: Scientifically Proven Benefits & a Who’s Who of Famous Meditators
- How Mindfulness Meditation Helps Me Laugh at Mental Soap Bubbles
- Practice Mindfulness (audio podcast from my INSPIRATIONS website)