In this article I explain why, after over 40 years using personal computers (mostly Windows-based), I switched to a powerhouse Chromebook. And I'm loving it! If you're in a hurry (and you're willing to skip my carefully-crafted prose😞) you can skim through the stuff in bold to find the big ideas. Or you can just scroll down to one of these main sections:
- After 30 years, enough with Windows, already!
- Chromebooks dominate in education because they're powerful & easy to use.
- Chromebooks are REALLY secure.
- Chromebooks are fast! (Thanks to the ChromeOS.)
- Chromebooks are customizable.
- Buyer beware! It may be cheap, but when does that low-cost Chromebook expire?
- My Chromebook: Part of a Powerful Ecosystem of Google Tools
- Final Thoughts: How 40 Years of Personal Computing Has Led Me to a Chromebook
- Bonus Tip: Don't throw away that old Windows PC or Mac. You might be able to make it a Chromebook!
[FYI: This article contains over 60 links to references for further research. Enjoy!]