|Your Author: Michael (Mike) Greer
About Me (Mike Greer)
I am the author of the books Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams, The Project Management Minimalist, The Project Manager's Partner, ID Project Management and many other PM (project management) related texts and articles. (Check out my archived websites for lots of good stuff for project managers and their teams.)
Much of my career was devoted to helping new project managers become more effective. Through my books, articles, workshops, and public speaking appearances, I sought to demystify the field of project management (PM) and make it accessible to new and part-time project managers. My step-by-step PM texts have been adopted by many universities and used by businesses as diverse as AT&T, Apple Computer, The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Boeing Defense and Space Group, American Airlines, The American Red Cross, Xerox Corp, The Southern Company, Apria Healthcare, and many, many others.
Why this website? Because there's more to life than project management!
So here's the deal. I'm a writer! And a few years ago I realized that I had a bit of a problem: My writing kept popping out of the categories into which I tried to squeeze it. In the last decade or so, as I've drifted from one new interest to another, I tried to compensate for the shifts by creating new websites to contain the changing topics of my articles, podcasts, and videos.
Trouble is, those nice, tight little buckets labeled Michael Greer's PM Resources, Best Free Training, Inspired Project Teams, and Project Management Freebies (my four original websites) finally proved to be too constraining. I continue to learn about -- and then try to share with the world -- new things that didn't always fit neatly into one of those sites. Ultimately this led to what marketing types might call "ambiguous brand identity!"
So it is my intent, through this Worth Sharing website, to provide a single location where my present and future writing interests can peacefully coexist and to allow those who want to unravel my "ambiguous brand identity" to do so fairly easily.
My Intellectual "Audit Trail"
In a professional life that's exceeded four decades, I've played these roles:
- High school English teacher and university faculty member
- Director of a university Learning Resources (& media production) Center
- Instructional designer/consultant in "performance-based training" for both public & private sector organizations
- Manager of instructional design teams
- Author of PM (project management) books and articles about (at first) managing instructional design and (later) managing any kind of project
- Creator/presenter of customized, on-site PM workshops for many different organizations in many different industries (in several different countries!)
- Student of (and writer about) ways to inspire, motivate, enlighten, and find personal peace of mind as part of a project team and, more importantly, as an individual
- (Throughout it all) a somewhat geeky adopter and explorer of new technologies in the form of media, computer hardware & software, etc.
Note: As of this date, Nov 17, 2022, I have just set up a Mastodon account. Click link below to find me there.Michael Greer on Mastodon