|Tell me: What are they about to vote on? What are the pros & cons? How can I contact them... right now?|
If you're trying to be politically active and push your elected reps to action, timing is everything! At any given moment, there are so many debates and bills and initiatives before Congress that it's completely overwhelming to track them all. The best you can do is find out what's immediately pending so you can call them and make sure your voice is heard. But this is almost impossible without some sort of automated tracking.
That's where Countable comes in. While it can do all sorts of great stuff, I use this app/website to help me with three main tasks:
1. Find out what is immediately pending and ready for a vote in the Senate or House.
2. Research the item that is up for a vote by reading a summary of it, as well as pro and con perspectives, so I can make up my own mind.
3. "Click through" a dialing link and immediately phone my particular Senators & members of the House of Representatives and urge them to vote the way I want them to vote!
For any given issue, it would take a ton of time to do these things on my own. Multiply that time investment by a zillion different issues and you can see why people simply give up! But by spending just a few minutes per issue on Countable, I'm soon done! I've become a Do-It-Yourself Political Lobbyist!
But don't take my word for it, learn all about Countable for yourself with these links:
- Countable Intro Video on YouTube:
|One-minute Countable Intro on YouTube|
- Countable YouTube Channel, with lots of short videos that simplify complex issues:
|Go to the Countable YouTube Channel|
- The Countable website: Go here to set up your free account, including automatic customized links to phone & email your particular Senators & Congress members.
Bonus: Wanna go deeper? Check out Congress.gov.
|Go to Congress.gov website|